NBC’s “The Biggest Loser” has Archisand Carve 50 Mazda 5 Cars in Sand
This will be the first of two posts. The next post will be made after the airing of the program, with interesting behind the scenes look at how the contestants endured during the challenge.
The event was held at the Ventura Pier in California. We were interupted the morning of the shoot due to the 9.0 Earth Quake in Japan and the Resulting Tsunami that hit the US about 9 am.“The Biggest Loser” airs Tuesdays at 8 p.m. ET on NBC.
Archisand creates 13′ tall 60 ton sand sculpture for the Long Beach Marathon
Archisand Helps BICCC get the word out about Children and Custody Court cases.
Archisand created its largest Sand Sculpture – Over 300 tons of sand to create a sand ribbon to be used to sign the names of children that have been effected by the courts in custody cases. The Best Interest of the Child in Court Custody Cases (BICCC) non profit organization recruited the talents of Archisand to help get issues exposed about the adverce effects that the court system is having on the children they are trying to help. Learn more about BICCC and the event Click Here
Popular Mechanics – Archisand’s Greg LeBon gives Sand Sculpting Tools Advice and Tips
Archisand’s Greg LeBon, recently spoke to the Popular Mechanics staff about the special tools used to create professional Sand Sculptures, and Sand Castles. View the Popular Mechanics Article by using this link to see more on “The Ultimate Sand Castle Toolkit.”
Resources for the Sand Castle Maker in You
You’ve decided to take the big step. You’re going to craft your own piece of sand castle real estate.
Congratulations! But as with all challenges, you’ll need to be good and prepared.
Here’s a quick list of products and articles that will help turn you into a professional level sand castle maker – well maybe not quite professional. But it’ll be tons of fun. Enjoy!
- Virtual Sand Castle – Start by designing your very own sand castle on the virtual destination beach of your choice!
- Can You Dig It – Sand sculpting tools info
- Spinmaster Moon Sand Castle Play Set – A sandcastle building kit for kids!
- How to Build a Sand Castle – From eHow
- Semi Permanenet Sand Sculpture For Kids – Every beachside sculptor knows the frustration of seeing a masterpiece sand castle swept away by the waves. Now kids can craft a permanent sand sculpture just by using sand, water and cornstarch.
- Create Your Own Beachfront Estate – Sand castle buildign instructions by Home & Garden
The Secret of Sand Castle Construction
Alright, you’ve seen the sand castles. You’ve been inspired and dazzled. And now you’re ready to erect your own architectural masterpiece. So what goes into sand castle construction? Know-how. Here are some professional tips to help take your sand castle design and construction to a whole new level.
- Design your sand castle, preferably using a sketch to communicate your architectural vision to your carefully-selected construction team.
- Select the highest grade of sand possible for your sand sculpture. Professional sand sculptors typically opt for the finest grain sand available. This type holds water best, and allows for greater sculpting detail.
- Be aware of tides. The last thing you need is a rush of seawater slamming into your masterpiece. Build your sand sculpture above high tide to keep it intact for your throngs of eager viewers.
- Equip yourself and your team with the best possible tools. The core tools preferred by the vast majority of professional sand sculptors are shovels, water buckets, Masons trawls, and palette knives.
- Shovel sand and soak with water. The two methods to compact sand are using your feet or using a landscape hand held compactor.
- Always carve your sculpture from the top down. This basic rule is rarely broken without disastrous results. Also, be a little daring. You’re an artist. Experiment with different tools to achieve a different look.
- Keep your sculpture well-moistened by spritzing it with fresh water from a hand held sprayer.
- Either because of human or natural causes, your sand sculpture inevitably will crumble. So before it does, snap a few photos of your masterpiece for the records. They’re guaranteed to outlast the castle, and they’ll be great to share with family and friends.
If these architectural endeavors seem like way too much work, don’t despair. Call a professional sand sculpture builder at Archisand. We’ll be delighted to help. Our extraordinary sandcastle design team is a group of true professionals, every member a professional with a wealth of experience to draw from. This professional expertise is what makes our professional sand sculptures tower above the rest.
You’ll be amazed at the wonders a professional sand sculpture builder will create.
So Who Are These Sand Sculpture Artists?
Sand Sculpture Artists are people with a passion for taking a mixture of water and sand and sculpting it into an artistic form such as a sandcastle or other sand sculpture. Anybody who wants to inject major WOW into engagements, parties, corporate events or other special occasions and events definitely will want to bring them into the mix.
The great thing about Sand Sculpture Artists is their versatility. They can create their masterpieces anywhere, outdoors or in. So you don’t even need a beach. Sand Sculpture Artists also are year round practitioners of their craft, although things like seasons and tides should be taken into account if you’re planning an outdoor event.
Is a Sand Sculpture Permanent?
Not really. But a sand sculpture can be made to last a fairly long time, depending on the locale and other conditions.
The secret to sand castle longevity is adding a special mixture to the sand to boost its holding power. This secret mix is composed of 99% water and a trace amount environmentally-friendly, non-toxic glue that’s totally invisible to even the most highly trained eye. So it’s 100% safe and effective.
Of course, other factors contribute to the durability of a sand sculpture. If a castle is outdoors, sooner or later weather will take its toll. Sunlight, wind, precipitation, etc. unfortunately are not sand castle-friendly. So you can expect your masterpiece to hold up for only the day, even when reinforced by the above-described mixture.
It’s an entirely different story with a sand sculpture located indoors. Thanks to the weather-controlled environments of such locales, a sand castle can last for years. Among the ideal places for an indoor sand sculpture are shopping malls. Not only are they delightfully climate-controlled, these destinations draw a steady stream of spectators eager to watch the progress of a sand castle under construction.
“Build a Sand Castle” Archisand’s Greg LeBon Featured Article in Parade Magazine
Contacted by Parade Magazine’s journalists for this summer’s “hottest” featured article, Greg LeBon shares his quick tips on building a better sandcastle this summer.
A. Pick a spot with the finest sand—it will hold together the best.
B. Make sure your sand is wet, and spritz it regularly if the day is hot or windy.
C. Use pails with the bottoms cut out to construct extra-tall towers.
D. Carve out a design with trowels and brushes.
Read more online at Parade Magazine HERE…
Contact an Archisand rep for content to feature in your next article!