Archisand created its largest Sand Sculpture – Over 300 tons of sand to create a sand ribbon to be used to sign the names of children that have been effected by the courts in custody cases. The Best Interest of the Child in Court Custody Cases (BICCC) non profit organization recruited the talents of Archisand to help get issues exposed about the adverce effects that the court system is having on the children they are trying to help. Learn more about BICCC and the event Click Here
Big thanks to all those who were a part of the Archisand event in Dana Point Harbor! Locals came out to view the sand castle construction while we raised public awareness with the community buzz and conversations surrounding the “Drug Use Is Life Abuse” campaign.
Teens participated in workshops in advance on how to use professional sand sculpting tools all the while promoting teamwork, cooperation & healthy lifestyle choices.
- Click here to read more about the event coverage by Mission Viejo Dispatch with “Archisand Sculpts At Dana Beach.”
- Want more? Click here to read our original announcement for the event on our blog, Archisand to Construct Sand “Humvee” for DUILA 1st Annual Sand Castle Contest September 18th, 2010.
Local area high school students will be competing against each other in a Sand Castle Competition at Dana Point Harbor’s Baby Beach (near Ocean Institute). The contest is organized by the Orange County Sheriffs Department, OC Parks, and the Dana Point Harbor. Archisand Professional Sand Sculptors, Inc will be providing the Sand Castle expertise for the event. Archisand will construct a life sized replica of the DUILA Humvee vehicle in sand. The construction of the demonstration sculpture will start on Friday Morning September 17th, and be complete by Saturday afternoon, September 18th. The Sand Castle contest starts Saturday Morning at 9 am with judging at 12 noon. Archisand’s Greg LeBon will be conducting Sand Castle workshops Saturday morning starting at 8:30 am.
Archisand’s Greg LeBon, recently spoke to the Popular Mechanics staff about the special tools used to create professional Sand Sculptures, and Sand Castles. View the Popular Mechanics Article by using this link to see more on “The Ultimate Sand Castle Toolkit.”
The sculpture was created as part of their Summer Health Special Series kick off.
Big thanks to the staff at “The Doctors” for their hospitality. Would love to see you fro next years launch!
Would you like to feature your BRAND in SAND?
You’ve decided to take the big step. You’re going to craft your own piece of sand castle real estate.
Congratulations! But as with all challenges, you’ll need to be good and prepared.
Here’s a quick list of products and articles that will help turn you into a professional level sand castle maker – well maybe not quite professional. But it’ll be tons of fun. Enjoy!
- Virtual Sand Castle – Start by designing your very own sand castle on the virtual destination beach of your choice!
- Can You Dig It – Sand sculpting tools info
- Spinmaster Moon Sand Castle Play Set – A sandcastle building kit for kids!
- How to Build a Sand Castle – From eHow
- Semi Permanenet Sand Sculpture For Kids – Every beachside sculptor knows the frustration of seeing a masterpiece sand castle swept away by the waves. Now kids can craft a permanent sand sculpture just by using sand, water and cornstarch.
- Create Your Own Beachfront Estate – Sand castle buildign instructions by Home & Garden
Alright, you’ve seen the sand castles. You’ve been inspired and dazzled. And now you’re ready to erect your own architectural masterpiece. So what goes into sand castle construction? Know-how. Here are some professional tips to help take your sand castle design and construction to a whole new level.
- Design your sand castle, preferably using a sketch to communicate your architectural vision to your carefully-selected construction team.
- Select the highest grade of sand possible for your sand sculpture. Professional sand sculptors typically opt for the finest grain sand available. This type holds water best, and allows for greater sculpting detail.
- Be aware of tides. The last thing you need is a rush of seawater slamming into your masterpiece. Build your sand sculpture above high tide to keep it intact for your throngs of eager viewers.
- Equip yourself and your team with the best possible tools. The core tools preferred by the vast majority of professional sand sculptors are shovels, water buckets, Masons trawls, and palette knives.
- Shovel sand and soak with water. The two methods to compact sand are using your feet or using a landscape hand held compactor.
- Always carve your sculpture from the top down. This basic rule is rarely broken without disastrous results. Also, be a little daring. You’re an artist. Experiment with different tools to achieve a different look.
- Keep your sculpture well-moistened by spritzing it with fresh water from a hand held sprayer.
- Either because of human or natural causes, your sand sculpture inevitably will crumble. So before it does, snap a few photos of your masterpiece for the records. They’re guaranteed to outlast the castle, and they’ll be great to share with family and friends.
If these architectural endeavors seem like way too much work, don’t despair. Call a professional sand sculpture builder at Archisand. We’ll be delighted to help. Our extraordinary sandcastle design team is a group of true professionals, every member a professional with a wealth of experience to draw from. This professional expertise is what makes our professional sand sculptures tower above the rest.
You’ll be amazed at the wonders a professional sand sculpture builder will create.
Sand Sculpture Artists are people with a passion for taking a mixture of water and sand and sculpting it into an artistic form such as a sandcastle or other sand sculpture. Anybody who wants to inject major WOW into engagements, parties, corporate events or other special occasions and events definitely will want to bring them into the mix.
The great thing about Sand Sculpture Artists is their versatility. They can create their masterpieces anywhere, outdoors or in. So you don’t even need a beach. Sand Sculpture Artists also are year round practitioners of their craft, although things like seasons and tides should be taken into account if you’re planning an outdoor event.
Not really. But a sand sculpture can be made to last a fairly long time, depending on the locale and other conditions.
The secret to sand castle longevity is adding a special mixture to the sand to boost its holding power. This secret mix is composed of 99% water and a trace amount environmentally-friendly, non-toxic glue that’s totally invisible to even the most highly trained eye. So it’s 100% safe and effective.
Of course, other factors contribute to the durability of a sand sculpture. If a castle is outdoors, sooner or later weather will take its toll. Sunlight, wind, precipitation, etc. unfortunately are not sand castle-friendly. So you can expect your masterpiece to hold up for only the day, even when reinforced by the above-described mixture.
It’s an entirely different story with a sand sculpture located indoors. Thanks to the weather-controlled environments of such locales, a sand castle can last for years. Among the ideal places for an indoor sand sculpture are shopping malls. Not only are they delightfully climate-controlled, these destinations draw a steady stream of spectators eager to watch the progress of a sand castle under construction.
Another year and another award for Archisand Professional Sand Sculptors!
This August 8th, our sand team packed up their new shirts and team of sand architects and assistants for a day of fun in the sun mixed with a lil competition at the Sand Castle US Open in Imperial Beach.
Taking 2nd place, 2 members from Archisand are sent to Christchurch New Zealand March 5th & 6th 2011 to compete against this year’s winner and long time rival, IB Posse. Let the competition continue…
More exciting than our placement is the big DISCOVERY news! That’s right, Discovery’s new3D Television Network will be featuring our very own sand creation, Merlin’s Magic Castle, along with this year’s winner, IB Posse, with their “Got Oil” sand castle design highlighting this year’s events that have effected so many of us.
Using their hot new 3D cameras (nearly $300,000 folks!) our castles were highlighted using a boom camera so you can see EVERY part of your sand art!
Subscribe to our blog to make sure you’re notified about Archisand news and updates like when we can be seen on Discovery 3D sometime in January or February. Catch ya on the air “waves”!
Select an option below to read more about the coverage of US Open Sand Castle Imperial Beach 2010: